Thursday, May 12, 2005

My Coffee Shower at Triangle Lounge

I ate lunch a couple of weeks ago at the Triangle Lounge, which is an old-school bar in Fremont that now serves lunch. I had a burger. The bun was good, nice and crisp, not a slice of focaccia. The meat tasted like it had been cooked in a small pan so that it deep-fried in its own fat a bit, and so it tasted just like mom used to make! It was a beautiful, sunny day, and I was sitting outside at the table right by the window. I decided to order dessert (bread pudding with whiskey sauce--quite nice, though it had a nitrous-propelled splooge of "whipped cream."). It started to drizzle a little bit, so I looked up and saw that there was not a cloud in the sky. Odd! My dessert came, and I noticed that the "raindrops" were a little brownish. I moved across the table, and that's when it really started coming down! Turns out that the genius on the second floor decided to pour their leftover coffee onto the flowers in their windowbox, and the coffee drained through the dirt and out onto my head. Ick! The waiter was suitably appalled, and comped my dessert. I decided not to go upstairs and pound on the door, figuring that the manager would do it for me.
|